Thursday, January 22, 2009

im alive!!

ive made it to vegas !! i got in yesterday night at 1030pm .. so 230 am NS time. i was SUPPOSE to get into vegas 12 hours earlier, but i had some "diffficulties" at my stop over in toronto. i had to get a visa, so i had a request letter for one from my DTS leader. when i went to get my visa inbetween flights they were taking forever. at one point i went up to the guy and told him that my flight leaves in 20 min "and i kinda need to make it". after a lot of sitting and waiting, and them not understanding anything, they guy eventually gave me the visa (yet, its not the one that i requested, but it'll do). Conviently he gave it to me at about 935am .. the same time that my flight as leaving. he said that i'd still make my flight. so i RAN to my gate ( i felt like i was in some movie or something) and when i got to my gate, the plane had already left. and then i couldnt get out of the gate area and i was just calling people at the base (woke them up at like 4 or something) here balling my eyes out trying to figure out what to do. i eventually made it back to baggage check in and told the lady what happened. they gave me a ticket on the next flight out .. which was at 850pm ... it was like 10 am !!! they tried to charge me 45$, but i wasnt letting that happen. she "waved the fee, just this once!" because it wasnt my fault that i had missed my flight. so then they made me go and get my bags, and push them around with me until about 5pm. i was basically pushing my weight in bags. i now hate the toronto airport because 1)they wouldnt let me through 2)its soo huge and confusing, i got lost wayy to many times 3) the people suck at giving directions. half of them didnt speak english either. ohh, i forgot; the lady put me on stand by so i wasnt even guarenteed a spot on the flight. but thankfully she said there was lots of extra seats on and that i'd make it. i arrived at my gate about 3 hours early. there was NO way that plane was leaving without me on it!
so, my 3 dts leaders, one of their friends and my friend sam who works at the base picked me up at the airport. at that point it had been about 20+ hours of travelling, and i had only slept in the airport for maybe a hour, and for about a hour on the plane aswell. my friend took me out to drive down the strip, and re live all the memories from last year !! i really did miss vegas! im glad to be back
i'll have a computer for the next couple of days because sam's gone to oregon or something to speak at a retreat for the weekend. i have to work on a dance written assignment that i didnt quite get done before leaving. ohhh school !!! how im glad im done with you !!
so, that is that !! bottom line; i'm in vegas, safe and alive ! im the first of 7 DTSers, so i just get to chill and do whatever. theres also 2 girls here from ywam tyler (texas) and theyre here until this friday. theyre crashing in my room (or im in theres? it'll be mine after they go . which i think im sharing with 3 other girls. ekk!) today im going to help them work on the prayer room, and paint and stuff which should be fun. i didnt sleep much last night; i went to bed at like 2 .. and woke up at 730. i think im soo over tired, that im not tired .. or something like that?
check soon for more updates. when i get a chance to update, i will ! i dont know how often after this weekend i'll be able to use a computer, but i ll try my hardest ! :)
love beth

ps--my canadian phone doesnt work here because it costs money for me to text back to canada, and i have no balance left on my phone. so i think you can text me and i ll get them (i dont know where my phone is right now ..) but when i get my new phone hooked up, i'll give you the numberr :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, so glad that you're there safe. im so jealous of you lol. say hi to sam for me.

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you have come here to do your DTS. I hope you make yourself at home here.

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that you got in safe. the airports in canada (and this is me generally, as a traveller) suck. seriously.

i honestly hope that you have an amazing and enlightening and outstanding and awesome and i'm-running-out-of-adjectives time.

take care,
amy & the dance 11 crew.

ps: i'm commenting anonymously-so i have to type in some letters to gaurantee that i'm not a computer. anyway, my code is "clagfink."
thought you might get a laugh out of that.

Zianna Weston said...

Yay you made it AND youre still alive! haha, I can't wait til sunday roomie!