Thursday, January 29, 2009

vegas so far!

well , hello again. sorry for the lack of updates. we've been pretty busy here at the base with orientation week, and getting settled in. on my dts there are 7 students, and 3 leaders.. -- 4 canadians, 3 americans, 1 korean, 1 swiss, and 1 english. so its cool to have 5 different countries in our dts. (5 girls, 5 boys)
we've started to move away from the 'rules/guidelines' and more into a bit of teaching. we also got our first book report thats due sometime in feb. for the book called 'is that really you God?' by loren cunnigham (the founder of ywam). but i like just read the book a month ago, so its pretty pointless for me to read it again and do a book report on it. so one of my dts leaders are going to pick another book for me.

the dts is going great so far..lots of fun stuff to do. today after supper, about 8 of us went to a near by childrens park and played some soccer which was fun. im going to try and get back in shape .. i dont know how well that will go, but its worth a try. and after me and my friend went for a mile or so run around the block, and it actually wasnt to bad! i didnt die! haha. i think im going to go again tomorrow morning.

we went to the strip to explore last night for the first time for most of the people on my dts. it was fun to see it all again, but i was dang tired of walking around !! im sure that soon we'll all be sick of it !! but we have some fun adventures that we're going to be doing soon. this weekend we're going to red rock and do some hiking, and then on sunday we're having a super bowl party at one of the guys' house that works here at the base. apparently its been sweet there, with like tons of big screen tv's and stuff.

well thats all for now! it might take me awhile to update often because the internet hasnt been working that great lately, and i dont have my own computer. some of my dts mates put some pictures of vegas here so far that you can check out on my facebook. leave some comments, talk again soon!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your update. You wouldn't be playing soccer and running in Nova Scotia these days with snow and ice. Enjoy. We're praying for you Beth! Love, Aunt Nancy and family.

Anonymous said...

HI BETHIEEEEE!
I saw a picture of you on a huge piano. It looked awesome!
I'm glad you are having a sweet time.
I hope it all goes wonderfully
Anne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your news. I check your blog often and pray for you. We are so glad that things are going well, after the troublesome time getting there. There are mountains of snow here and more almost daily. Enjoy the heat and sun! And the fellowship.
Love, Aunt Carol & Uncle Blair